It’s currently National Novel Writing Month, so I thought that I should post at least one thing that acknowledges it. It had now been acknowledged. Time to get to the purpose of this post.
A few weeks ago, I asked some of the Movellas about why they write, and the responses were quite interesting. In honour of writing month, I thought I’d share some of those reasons.
So, let’s begin!
I write because…
1. The book I want to read doesn’t exist yet, so I have to write it myself
2. I want to put my ideas and thoughts onto a page rather than just having them exist inside my head
3. It’s a creative outlet for me to express myself
4. Publishers keep opting to be safe and follow trends, so someone has to be original
5. It’s an outlet for my feelings and releases my negativity
6. Even fictional characters need a voice
7. I’ve read so many ‘bad’ books that it’s motivated me to do better than them
8. It’s an outlet for my feelings and releases my negativity
9. Imagination is the most important thing in life
10. There’s a world in my head that needs to be let out
11. I like people enjoying what I create
12. It helps me to express my feelings and makes me happier
13. I can connect with an audience
14. It gives me a voice that I can’t always use around others
15. I can express little parts of myself and hide others within the words
16. I’m an attention whore
17. It makes me realise that I’m not alone
Share your reasons for writing in the comments below!